Saltar al contenido

Foto

2/14/13 Update-Yay or Nay?

• Please log in to reply
3 las respuestas a este tema

Encuesta: 2/14/13 Update-Yay or Nay? (4 miembros que han votado)

What's your opinion on the update?

1. Good (0 votos [0.00%])

Porcentaje del voto: 0.00%

2. Okay (3 votos [75.00%])

Porcentaje del voto: 75.00%

3. Bad (1 votos [25.00%])

Porcentaje del voto: 25.00%

Votar Los invitados no pueden votar

#1 Nu-13

Nu-13

A Ghost without a Past

• Crema y Nata
  • 1795 Mensajes
  • Fav Type Pokémon:
  • Badge:

Publicado el 14 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

There hasn't been that much topics and posts in the English forums and Simon hardly ever updates this game unless it's secretly, so here's a topic to raise discussion. In this update there was a relatively large change on the layout of the site. More Elite 4 and Champions were added. The Battle Frontier was also added.

Personally, I don't really care for the layout change. Most of the changes don't really affect that much except for some minor annoyances. Other than that, I'm pretty indifferent, but the only part I really hate is the Friend List. It will probably only take a few more seconds than before, but it's a little more inconvenient to fight training accounts now. The Friend List also seems to prevent you from being able to add someone and have them show up on your friend list without them accepting. Friend Lists seem to be broken now though. I can't send invitations to dark pika and Mac User, and I couldn't accept Mac User.

For the other parts of the layout, I personally find the part where it tells you what other players are doing to be a little annoying and useless. No, I don't want to know what XxXCoDfTw4201337nOsCOpsXxX #YOLO #SWAG is currently doing. I don't know who that guy is nor do I even care what he's doing. It's not that important, but it isn't necessary either. There really wasn't a point in having it. It also seems to say that people caught Pokemon they evolved. I think I saw some that seems like it counts trading too. That is pretty misleading, unless people are actually able to catch these high leveled Pokemon and I'm just unaware.

The battle counters seems to count for all computer trainer battles, so having a high win count isn't really achievement since the only hard computer battles are in the Sinnoh gyms unless you limit yourself. Wild battles will not count and I'm not sure about online battles. The win and loss count also won't show for other players, so it's only if you really want to know your statistics. Ultimately, it is not that important though unless it is a factor in experience like the other online Pokemon games.

For the new trainers to battle, I haven't gotten that far, but they don't seem to be that hard. It's probably my fault for using Slaking, but they should still be more challenging, or at least at a higher level. There should at least be no using the Pokemon Center like Sinnoh. The Sinnoh gyms are great because you actually have to think a little bit to defeat all of them if you don't abuse the healing glitch. The Elite 4 are easy for the most part unless you limit yourself, but then again, that applies to everything except Sinnoh where you are forced to be limited. The Champions suffer mainly from bad AI and terrible moves. Steven remains unchanged from before, so he has around level 65 Pokemon while the others have teams of level 100 Pokemon. I haven't tried on the Battle Frontier yet.

Edit: From this quite: "Gamelvoerrgameloverr Gamelvoerrgameloverr the new ranking algorithm is also based on the number of wins!" it seems that I was right about wins affecting experience. The update still didn't really bring that much positive changes though. The bugs outweigh the positives.
Comentar Imagen

#2 ★CFCß35T0★

★CFCß35T0★

wat

• Monitor LOCAL
  • 7805 Mensajes
  • Fav Type Pokémon:
  • Badge:

Publicado el 15 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

Yeah Nu, you pretty much summed it up in your post, I agree with it 100%.

Edit - I just completed every single trainer in the Elite 4 in under half an hour, I didn't use the Pokemon Centre once. None of my Pokemon fainted.

Edit 2 - Exactly the same for the Battle Frontier, but it only took me 20 minutes this time.

Posted Image
By /Hans/
Posted Image
Mostly By Quackerz
A todos los que no lo sabe, yo uso Google Traductor para postear en español.

#3 Nu-13

Nu-13

A Ghost without a Past

• Crema y Nata
  • 1795 Mensajes
  • Fav Type Pokémon:
  • Badge:

Publicado el 15 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Yeah Nu, you pretty much summed it up in your post, I agree with it 100%.

Edit - I just completed every single trainer in the Elite 4 in under half an hour, I didn't use the Pokemon Centre once. None of my Pokemon fainted.

Edit 2 - Exactly the same for the Battle Frontier, but it only took me 20 minutes this time.

Yeah, this whole update is pretty much mediocre. It's slightly leaning on being bad because of the bugs it created. Hopefully Simon delivers the fixes and updates he promised in response to this one.
Comentar Imagen

#4 S - UnovaRPG

S - UnovaRPG

Entrenador Pokemon Avanzado

• ADMIN
  • 114 Mensajes
  • Fav Type Pokémon:
  • Badge:

Publicado el 20 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

Thanks for your feedback. There's an important point here and is about cheats: if you use cheats any new feature or challenge could be just useless. Believe me that I work all days to fix possible bugs (I'm sure you're playing UnovaRPG since a long time ago and you could see that most of the cheats were removed) and I'll keep up this way to get rid of all glitchs.

About the global activity you're right, I thought this as two sections: global and (more important) friends activity. The problem here is that unfortunately the friend's list related features that I developed were using lots of resources, making the game freeze sometimes. So we deactivated the left column Friend's list for a while until we fix this. In the meantime of course you can see the whole list of friends an requests going to the friends page.

In the next update, we'll include wins/loses on the public profile of all trainers. And it's true: we're counting wins/loses against CPU battles, same as all the other Pokemon Online Games.

Thank you very much for your time writing your excellent post! I'll try to be here often when I'm not working on UnovaRPG!

S.-
S | UnovaRPG Staff - UnovaRPG Online Pokemon Game

Follow us on Facebook! facebook.com/UnovaRPG

1 usuarios están leyendo este tema

0 miembros, 1 invitados, 0 usuarios anónimos