#1 Nu-13

Nu-13

A Ghost without a Past

• Crema y Nata
  • 1795 Mensajes
  • Fav Type Pokémon:
  • Badge:

Publicado el 03 November 2015 - 01:55 AM

11/18 Edit: A few days ago, I've received an apology from the leader of Team Galaxy. It seems that whoever took my account is not a member of the staff of that team, and was probably some low member or maybe someone trying to slander the team.

Edit: I regained control over the the account. I've validated emails on both of my training accounts and made the passwords stronger in case it actually helps. I'll just leave the post here for anyone who wants to see the original post. I'm still in the process of having the staff take action against the guy who stole my account.

Hello everyone, as you may or may not know, I am the owner of both dark pika and mac user, two training accounts that people can use to easily make IC and earn experience to level up. I have stopped being active on this forum, but I still log in to those accounts to accept friend requests whenever I'm not busy being overwhelmed with college.

However, it has come to my attention that someone managed to access the dark pika account and has now changed it. They either accessed it on November 2nd or November 1st, or possibly October 31st. Since I was busy on the first, I can't say for sure exactly when someone managed to take it. I still have possession of my other training account, mac user.

As for how they managed to access my account, I can't say for sure. I do admit that since I'm not that greatly concerned about anyone actually taking over my account, my passwords are rather inadequte. However, while my passwords certainly aren't anywhere close to being considered good, they aren't completely obvious. So, despite the inadequate password, I can't imagine that someone would easily be able to guess it, and I would assume that constant guessing would raise alarms by the UnovaRPG staff. I'm more inclined to believe that a staff member of the game was contacted and tricked to believe that the current owner owns the account dark pika, and the staff member believed the lies. I suppose this would explain why only one account, dark pika, has been taken while mac user is safe; it would be too risky to try to take two accounts.

I'll just say that I recommend not using that account, and apparently the account now belongs to the team named ââ Team Galaxy ââ. Unless this is some attempt to discredit this team, I also wouldn't recommend supporting the team if they're just allowing someone on their team to hijack an account. There are questions on why they would choose to steal my dark pika account though, since mac user would provide much more attention unless the hijacker were perhaps just not aware of the difference in popularity between the two accounts. However, the reason should hopefully be irrelevent if all goes well; I will be contacting simon or any UnovaRPG staff member about this in an attempt to reclaim my account again, and I'll be trying to make it even more difficult for people to access my other accounts, and hopefully dark pika if the staff understands and is helpful about returning my account back to me. While I don't actually play UnovaRPG anymore, I certainly do not appreciate someone just taking my account without permission.

Editado por Nu-13, 18 November 2015 - 11:14 PM.

Comentar Imagen

#2 ★CFCß35T0★

★CFCß35T0★

wat

• Monitor LOCAL
  • 7805 Mensajes
  • Fav Type Pokémon:
  • Badge:

Publicado el 03 November 2015 - 10:41 AM

Damn, that kinda stuff shouldn't be happening. I hope you manage to get the account back and hopefully the one who gained access will have actions taken against them - keep us updated please!

Posted Image
By /Hans/
Posted Image
Mostly By Quackerz
A todos los que no lo sabe, yo uso Google Traductor para postear en español.

#3 Nu-13

Nu-13

A Ghost without a Past

• Crema y Nata
  • 1795 Mensajes
  • Fav Type Pokémon:
  • Badge:

Publicado el 03 November 2015 - 11:33 AM

I just regained access to the account. It seems that whoever took control didn't take anything from the account, since I still have around 13 million IC and if any Pokemon were taken, the messages were deleted, but they were all just Pokemon won from the daily login. It seems that the purpose of taking it might have been to just take control of a relatively popular account. So, if this was done by a member from the team that the account was in while it was stolen, then I'd personally be wary of that team.

However, I don't know the exact method that the thief used to take it, but I at least made the password more secure and verified my email on all accounts to help prevent this from happening again. As for whether or not the UnovaRPG staff will take action, I recently just e-mailed them asking about this, since they never said anything about what they'll do to the perpetrator in their e-mail that allowed me to gain access to dark pika again.

Comentar Imagen

1 usuarios están leyendo este tema

0 miembros, 1 invitados, 0 usuarios anónimos